The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

If I wanted to learn from Omnigroup... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Obviously, I will need to learn how to code in order to make software anywhere as good as Omni, but I was wondering if I could have a little advice as to how to get started if I plan on programming applications similar in nature to those that Omni creates.

I imagine you use Xcode - is this correct? In your opinion, what is the best book for my very first step in learning to program? I have some experience with C, C++, Basic (I know I know) but its been so long I would want to start from scratch.

I consider myself a hobbiest, but I hope to create some software that fills needs that I have that feels as natural as OmniGroup's apps feel. Where do I start? What is the natural progression from there?

I realize its not easy - I realize it will take some time before I have learned enough to make something useful - I just want some help getting faced in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!