The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time Tracking? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Will OO ever be able to track time on tasks?

See the Useful Scripts package on the OmniOutliner Extras page which has a Timesheet script that will let you log time spent on various tasks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
See the Useful Scripts package on the OmniOutliner Extras page which has a Timesheet script that will let you log time spent on various tasks.
Thanks... However, I can't get it to work.

I loaded the script into the app / pkg contents in scripts, opened the app and template but can't find the scripts menu item to activate the script.

You'll want to put the Timesheet folder from that disk image into Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner (or OmniOutliner Professional if that's what you have). Opening the Applescript menu while in OO at that point should show you the Timesheet folder in the menu. If you choose the template document, you'll get a fresh document, ready to start tracking, and the Start/Stop script will do what the name suggests. You could make a document-specific toolbar and add the Start/Stop script for convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You'll want to put the Timesheet folder from that disk image into Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner (or OmniOutliner Professional if that's what you have). Opening the Applescript menu while in OO at that point should show you the Timesheet folder in the menu. If you choose the template document, you'll get a fresh document, ready to start tracking, and the Start/Stop script will do what the name suggests. You could make a document-specific toolbar and add the Start/Stop script for convenience.
I don't have pro, though I do have 3.6.4

I also don't have a scripts folder in Library

Thanks

There's a thread in the OmniFocus Extras forum that describes how to install scripts (including getting the folders set up). It applies very similarly for OmniOutliner. Be sure to follow Rob's instructions exactly, as some of the steps will not work properly if you don't. http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7453

Thanks! Got it and it rocks!