The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RFE: Limit bandwidth, simultaneous downloads Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a feature within OmniWeb to:

A: Cap downstream bandwidth at an arbitrary bitrate (browsing or downloading)

B: Limit the number of simultaneous downloads (arbitrary number, where queued downloads initiate after completion of a dl in process)

Thanks,

Michael Chan

No to both questions, as far as I know. There might be some hidden preference to be set via defaults, but I doubt it.

B. See the OmniWeb Defaults list under the Protocols and Networking section.

Thanks for the comments.

From my reading, it appears that what I was looking to do is not possible directly from within the application. It probably makes more sense for me to shape at a lower level using ipfw.

Regards,

Michael Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
B. See the OmniWeb Defaults list under the Protocols and Networking section.
I should note that most of those defaults are no longer supported in general use--that is, they will still affect bookmark checking, but general browsing now uses Apple's networking code which is a lot less configurable (but does handle downloads >4Gig).