The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Access to OmniPresence [A: public test of Mac app has begun; see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

how can I get access to OmniPresence? I checked the "brave" checkbox in my account already ;-)

OmniPresence is currently in private testing but we'll be starting public testing soon!

OmniPresence for Mac is now available.

Note that even if you don't have OmniPresence support enabled for your Sync Server account, you can still sync files between your Macs using a different webDAV provider.

We haven't done extensive compatibility testing - that's one of the things we hope to get more info about from the public test - but we have been able to set up accounts and sync small numbers of files with swissdisk.com and cloudsafe.com accounts.

There are also a few providers we have been unable to sync with, due to incompatible webDAV implementations on the servers. Examples are box.com and owndrive.com. These aren't problems we can fix in OmniPresence - they'll have to be addressed by the organizations running those servers.

Last edited by Brian; 2013-04-26 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: clarify language in 1st sentence of final paragraph.

When I set up a cloudsafe account, there were a few steps that I didn't find terribly intuitive. In case it helps someone else navigate them:
  1. Set up an account. Verify your email.
  2. Now that you've verified your email, you can create a Personal Safe. Do so.
  3. Add an Access Chain to the safe.
  4. Add your own contact to the Access Chain, enable "Read and Write" access for your contact. Click "Enable".
  5. Click over to the "Safe Content" tab, then click "webDAV in the lower-right. Click "Enable".

The next panel that appears will show the information you should enter into OmniPresence.

CloudSafe is not working for me. I get the message:

WebDAV server failed conformance test.

Move of collection should return the correct destination URL.

Can somebody help me out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
CloudSafe is not working for me. I get the message:

Can somebody help me out?
Exact same problem and results with CloudSafe share attempt.
It passes the "Checking Credentials" validation then yields this message:
Error Connecting!
We could not connect to your selected cloud location.