The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MobileMe calendars not available in iCal sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to experiment with synchronizing OF todos with my MobileMe account. I also have a few Google calendars which show up in the OF preferences, but my MobileMe calendars do not. I have both configured in iCal (as well as BusyCal). Is there some other preference I need to tweak to get all calendars to show up?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex, check out this post for more info. Your feedback would be appreciated in the subsequent thread. Thanks!

After doing some research it seems to me that MacOS changed something in iCal which broke OmniFocus.

Perhaps in the next update they will fix it.

In the mean time, you may have to use this: http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/index.html

I am still trying to get it to work. There must be a way to fix this, how can people use GTD without a calender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazhayes View Post
After doing some research it seems to me that MacOS changed something in iCal which broke OmniFocus.

Perhaps in the next update they will fix it.

In the mean time, you may have to use this: http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/index.html

I am still trying to get it to work. There must be a way to fix this, how can people use GTD without a calender...
What changed was that the MobileMe calendars changed from local+synched to server-based calendars (which are much more robust). If you elected to upgrade MobileMe a couple months back, that is. OmniFocus doesn't currently support server-based calendars. And I don't expect Apple will "fix" this, as it was an intentional change to something that's more reliable and better in many ways.

I use a calendar, but I don't use it in conjunction with OmniFocus. My calendar events are separate from my tasks, and it works OK for me because I don't live by way of artificial due dates. For 90% of my tasks, I do them when I can, which is around my calendar events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
What changed was that the MobileMe calendars changed from local+synched to server-based calendars (which are much more robust). If you elected to upgrade MobileMe a couple months back, that is. OmniFocus doesn't currently support server-based calendars. And I don't expect Apple will "fix" this, as it was an intentional change to something that's more reliable and better in many ways.
I don't mean Apple should fix it, I mean OF. Syncing with a calender is a must when you have a lot of date specific tasks. Otherwise its yet another separate system and for me there are enough already (everything above 10,000ft, checklists, etc). It also means inadequate mobile device reminders etc (I have always used a widget on my android phone to show a google calender with appointments/date specific tasks). Overall I think calender sync is a pretty basic feature and even most free GTD apps have it out of the box. I was very surprised when I found that OF only supported a local sync. Luckily I was still on a trial version when I found out.