The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cannot Reassign Action to Existing Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am evaluating the latest version of OF on a brand new Macbook Pro laptop running updated Leopard O/S with an OF client software on iPhone synced via Apple MobileMe web service.

I noticed today on the OF Macbook client that the Projects listed when I click on the Projects icon do not match the Projects drop down pick-list when using Inspector. I am trying to use the Inspector to re-assign an Action from the current Miscellaneous project assignment to another Business Project that presently exists in OF.

It appears to me that whatever index the Inspector uses to display available Projects for the drop-down pick-list display is out of sync with the list that is used when I click on the Projects icon. On my iPhone, all available projects are displayed (matches the list I get when I click on the "Projects" main navigation menu bar.

Has anybody run into this problem? Any ideas how to fix it-- I've got a bunch of tasks to enter and I'd like to assign them to the correct Project.

The Projects toolbar icon shows "Remaining" projects - that is, all projects that have not been dropped or marked complete. The inspector pop-up shows all your projects regardless of the state they're in.

If you select View -> Sidebar Filter -> All Projects, the sidebar should line up with what you're seeing in the inspector. That help?