The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Growl Notification? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just started to use OF and I have to say I'm very impressed and finding it very usable. I particularly like the Quicksilver action provided and just wondered if it would be possible to add a Growl notification on the successful addition of a task? It would be great to see so yo know it worked.

That would be a cool feature both for adding things and for upcoming tasks.

BZ

I've modified the Quicksilver script to support Growl notifications, attached to this post. It gives you feedback on which context and/or project (or Inbox) the task has been assigned to. To install unzip and move script to ~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver/Actions. Hope that helps.

Regards,
Adam Byrtek
Attached Files
File Type: zip Send to OmniFocus with Growl.zip (15.7 KB, 896 views)

Since alpha already wrote this, what are the chances of this getting used? I use Quicksilver quite extensively and it would be really nice to get a Growl notification that the task got added correctly. I kind of got used to this with iGTD and it throws me off pretty regularly when I add something with Quicksilver and I don't get any notification.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, do you prefer quicksilver to the Quick Entry panel? I live out of quicksilver, but I have made the QE a habit.

December 3 release notes mention that Growl support is being put into OF, though I haven't seen it working on my system yet. Anybody else?

Haven't seen it active yet either .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I haven't seen it working on my system yet. Anybody else?
Sure. My automatic DB backup posted a notification, and so did clipping from a text editor window. (Clippings are set to go right to the inbox -- you don't get notified if they pass thru Quick Entry)

Check out Growl for the supported notification events.

Oh yeah, I guess it is working. I expected to see a Growl notice that OF registered with it, but I didn't.

what about task available and due etc ... when do those show up ?