The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Entry Activates Hidden Window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I usually keep OF hidden. For some reason, the Quick Entry panel has started bringing the hidden OF window to the front. Here's what happens:

- I bring up the quick entry panel

- I type in an action description

- As soon as I tab over to the project column, the hidden OF window pops up behind the quick entry panel. The OF menu bar doesn't activate, however. The menu bar for whatever app was active when I brought up the quick entry panel stays.

Anyone else running into this? Thanks!

In Leopard, I dedicated OF to one of the spaces (3, I think). The quick entry dialog box would shift me to that space upon completing the entry. This is a problem because the whole point (to me) of a quick entry box is to be non-invasive.

Yes, I know that the QS script works nicely. I am just too lazy to learn the QS lingo; I really do prefer the omni quick entry window.

Sorry, this appears to be a bug in Spaces that's triggered by our drawing a little progress indicator on the document window when we save changes.

We're working with Apple to find some better solution to this, but for now you can disable the indicator using this command:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus LongOperationIndicatorDisabled -bool true
This should prevent OmniFocus' space from activating every time you add something in Quick Entry.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We're working with Apple to find some better solution to this, but for now you can disable the indicator using this command
Thank you. That's works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Sorry, this appears to be a bug in Spaces that's triggered by our drawing a little progress indicator on the document window when we save changes.

We're working with Apple to find some better solution to this, but for now you can disable the indicator using this command:
Unfortunately, that didn't work for the original problem I posted about. :( Tabbing to the project in the quick entry pane still reveals the hidden OF main window. Any other suggestions? Thanks!