The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > OmniObjectMeter
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Allocations not detected by OmniObjectMeter? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to debug a memory footprint growth of the order of 50K per minute. I start the app through OOM, and begin a new mark after I know initialization etc. has finished. Activity Monitor shows the constant footprint growth, and if I leave the app running overnight, footprint grows to > 200 M and still growing, but OOM shows nothing at all.

Are there ways to allocate memory on OSX that OOM won't be able to detect?

I'm using a trial license to run OOM, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Trial license shouldn't make a difference, but that's about the extent of my ObjectMeter knowledge, to be honest. I ran your question past one of the engineers, who had this to say:

Quote:
OmniObjectMeter can't detect things like mapped files or vm_allocate/NSAllocatePages. The command line vmmap might be of use in these cases.
Hopefully that helps. You can also get help if you send email to omniobjectmeter@omnigroup.com; some folks more knowledgeable than I answer those. :-)