The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Searching notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just noticed today that OmniFocus for iPhone and OmniFocus for iPad DON'T search the "notes" field of actions! This is kind of surprising and is now making it difficult for me to find actions that have extensive notes attached to them, because I don't remember the titles of the actions. I'm hoping that The Omni Group adds this feature soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty321 View Post
I just noticed today that OmniFocus for iPhone and OmniFocus for iPad DON'T search the "notes" field of actions! This is kind of surprising and is now making it difficult for me to find actions that have extensive notes attached to them, because I don't remember the titles of the actions. I'm hoping that The Omni Group adds this feature soon!
Better than just hoping is sending in feedback explicitly requesting they implement the feature sooner rather than later. Contact Omni under the gear menu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Better than just hoping is sending in feedback explicitly requesting they implement the feature sooner rather than later. Contact Omni under the gear menu...
Thanks!

Searching in notes is not avalable yet.
So, will anibody please advice how and where to dump project related data keeping it searchable?
Maybe there is no such a problem for those using also a Mac OF, but I use only Ipad.
I thought of using evernote for it but still can not conceive a way of conveniently getting a link or some breadcrumbs leading a to this evernote data, which i could paste back to OF.
How do you deal with this?