The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nagging Window Growth Bug Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been seeing an issue over the past couple of months where I could have sworn that my main OmniFocus app window was growing vertically by about 30 pixels every once in a while. But I was never able to consistently reproduce it... until today!

I have a saved perspective setup to always open in a new, smaller window with the toolbar and the view bar hidden. On my main window, I keep the toolbar and view bar always visible.

For clarity, I'll refer to my main window as "window 1" and my perspective window as "window 2".

1) With window 1 open (toolbar and view bar visible), I open my saved perspective, which appears in the new window 2 (toolbar and view bar hidden).

2) I then immediately close window 2, so window 1 is again in the foreground (with toolbar and view bar visible).

3) I then select File->Rebuild Database... from the menu bar.

4) OmniFocus closes window 1 and shows me the progress indicators for a second or two while the database is rebuilt.

5) When window 1 reopens, it is exactly 33 pixels taller than before! And every time I repeat this, window 1 grows by another 33 pixels in height!

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the toolbar being hidden in window 2. If I open the perspective and then click the lozenge in the upper right corner of the window to display the toolbar, and then close the window and complete the steps enumerated above, my main window (i.e. window 1) *does not* grow any taller.

Also, with the toolbar set to display "Icon Only" and "Use Small Size", toggling the toolbar on and off changes the overall window height by exactly 33 pixels (measured with Iconfactory's very good xScope).

Is anyone else able to reproduce this oddity? I'll send feedback to OG as well.

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-03-21 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Added link to xScope

I'm always resizing the window during the day, and probably never even noticed this. Interesting . . .