The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Meta Pivots Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
There are some pieces of metadata missing in kGTD I would like to see in OmniFocus: estimated task length, importance (different than priority as in it must get done by this date), linking to external elements (address book entries, calendar, files/folders, etc.), and ability to make links and relationships across projects (I often will have a task/project that crosses clients and/or projects).

These meta data elements would provide for pivots to aggregate and sort based on these elements. I would love to see a list of 5 minute tasks ranked by importance and context/action to fill the 30 minute gap after finishing a longer task and needing to head out for a meeting or other time dependent task. Really helpful with a meeting/call gets bumped by 10 to 30 minutes.