The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lost custom icons in Perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running 1.2.4 on my iPad and on a recent sync with my data on MobileMe I lost all my custom icons for my many perspectives. They are fine on my Mac and on my iPhone, but gone on the iPad. Any suggestions?

I had this too a couple of times, it was most mysterious. All the data was fine but icons vanished and no amount of resyncing brought them back. In the end I found two ways:

1. Recreate the perspectives on the mac and re add the custom icons there, then sync.

Or:

2. Reset the ipad database and re-sync.

I'm not sure what triggered it the first time, but the second time I was doing some big time reorganisation on the ipad converting tasks to/from projects and flinging folders all over the place, and poof - they just vanished.

I tried option #2 you suggested, but no fix. Still missing all my icons. I have many perspectives, so I'm loathed to have to do #1 for each one ... although I appreciate the tips.

I've had this problem as well, but unfortunately I'm here looking for an answer; not with a solution!

For the moment, I think I will just stick with the default icons on my iPad.

All of you having the custom icons go missing need to contact the Omni support ninjas directly so that the Omni developers are aware that this is happening and so that they can glean some clues as to why. Use the Contact Omni menu item in the app, or call 800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152. It may seem like posting to the forum should be identical to contacting them, but it is not...

I've just reported this too.

My icons reappeared somehow, certainly no interventionist actions taken on my behalf.

While it is not the perfect solution, I deleted the app and reinstalled it in iTunes and when it resynced all of the perspective icons were back.

Not a great solution, but will all my custom icons I was really not interested in re-adding all my perspective icons.

I've had this a handful of times now and just:

1. Sync to ensure that my local changes are saved. (Possibly backup the desktop DB - if you have it)
2. Reset the DB o the iPad
3. Re-sync the iPad

So far it it's done the trick, and is pretty fast.

It stops being scary after a while :-)

I've seen a similar failure on the Mac, and wonder if the root cause might be the same. Those custom icons travel in the database just like attachments, and I occasionally see a failure (on the Mac) after syncing where OmniFocus loses the ability to look at attachments. Sometimes I lose the custom icons in the toolbar, sometimes not, but the database itself is not damaged, as syncing it to a new device shows the attachments and custom icons are fine.

So, next time you have your custom icons go "poof!" on the iPad, try looking at an attachment before you reset the database or reinstall the application and report the results.