The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1Password extension and Lion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just upgraded to Lion yesterday and unfortunately the 1Password extension for OmniWeb no longer functions. Is there anything I can do to get it back?

Just upgraded my home Mac to Lion, and I'm seeing the same thing. AFAIK, we haven't changed anything on our end, so I sent Agilebits a support request. I'll post here when I hear back, but you may also want to contact them as well.

I, too, am experiencing this.

I just sent a ticket to 1Password support as follows:
"As you have supported 1password on OmniWeb, which is based on webkit, I would like to know if you plan to do so in the future. As of now, in Lion the extension no longer functions. I realize it is a small percent of the market, but we are true loyalists to OW. Thank you for your time."
We'll see.

*crossing fingers*

As far as I know, AgileBits have abandoned their previous plugin because it required Scripting Additions, which are no longer supported in Lion.

1Password will continue to function in Snow Leopard, but it is only available as a browser extension (and therefore not to OmniWeb) in Lion.

(Somewhat sadly) moved this out of the OmniWeb Bugs forum. If it was a bug on our end, at least we could fix it. :-)

Yet another reason to avoid 10.7 - this is kind of a show stopper for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morto View Post
Yet another reason to avoid 10.7 - this is kind of a show stopper for me...
Boy howdy yeah! Remember that seamless upgrade to Leopard from Tiger? Yeesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
As far as I know, AgileBits have abandoned their previous plugin because it required Scripting Additions, which are no longer supported in Lion.

1Password will continue to function in Snow Leopard, but it is only available as a browser extension (and therefore not to OmniWeb) in Lion.
The same is also true for other browser that don't natively support add-ons (NetNewsWire, Camino, Opera, iCab…).

This is a very serious drawback for me :-\ Any chance a solution can be found in the future to integrate 1Password again in OmniWeb?