The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google mail: login window for talkgadget Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Today I started getting a weird effect with google mail. After I had activated google talk and then deactivated it again I keep getting a login popup over google mail in OW: 'To view this page, you must log in to area “” on 274.talkgadget.google.com:80.'

I've never seen this before, and it does not appear in other browsers than OW. Any idea how to get rid of this? (I have not tried to log in).

Quick addition: this window pops up every minute and makes OW practically unusable with google mail. Worse even: if I don't close them immediately, I get sequences of them later, i.e. I close one and the next one pops up etc.

Seems like google mail does some background communication with the talk server that OW does not handle well (it does not happen in Safari).

It seems I could solve the problem by clearing the cache.