The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due Date Column - questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to the wonderful world of GTD programs and have found Omni Focus to be effective in what I'd like to accomplish. However, I seem to have come across a problem recently regarding the sort by "Date Due" feature in Planning mode.

Basically, I have a list of school assignments (general, essay, etc) nested in the corresponding subject's folder (English, Philosophy, etc). I'd like to be able to click on the Project (in this case, "General Assignments") and sort the actions in the project (using the option on the grey view bar) by the due dates I've entered for each assignment. When I try this, nothing happens and the assignments remain in the order I initially entered them in.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ruchti

Ah, the sort function seems to work just fine when I'm viewing things in Context mode and not Planning mode...

Yeah, that's intentional. There's some discussion about this on another thread: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6433