The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Locations... Brilliant Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I tried out the locations feature today. I've been holding back because I have a 1st gen iPhone and the faux GPS doesn't always work so well. (One hint for those who have a 1st gen, turning on WiFi, even if you aren't connecting to a network will give better results.)

Anyway, I had some errands to run today, so I create a location for the different stores. WOW (world of wow (world of wow))

That feature is worth the price of the iPhone app itself! (okay, maybe half the price).

As I moved around town, the closest location was updated instantly. I could click on the distance button and directions from my current location to my destination was shown. Nice work on that feature. Thank you Omni for the work put into locations.

The only suggestion I had while using was to allow the nearby button to be filtered by context.

Example:
-Work
Auto
-Home depot
-Automobile Repair
-Groceries

When driving around town, I was in the Auto context. However, when I hit the nearby, my work context was being calculated in with my auto context.

Anyway, brilliant app. Thank you.