The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniContact? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been trying to find a contact manager/address book that would tie in with my OmniFocus usage.

I've tried Daylite and Contactizer, but these are too all encompassing and would subsume OmniFocus if I went down their route. For instance, I like Daylite's contact management, linking and contact logs, but as an OF user I don't need all the project management stuff.

Therefore, I would love to see Omni create OmniContact - an address book and contact management app that integrated, or at least complemented, OmniFocus (and perhaps OmniPlan?).

Whaddya say, Omni?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
I've been trying to find a contact manager/address book that would tie in with my OmniFocus usage.

I've tried Daylite and Contactizer, but these are too all encompassing and would subsume OmniFocus if I went down their route. For instance, I like Daylite's contact management, linking and contact logs, but as an OF user I don't need all the project management stuff.

Therefore, I would love to see Omni create OmniContact - an address book and contact management app that integrated, or at least complemented, OmniFocus (and perhaps OmniPlan?).

Whaddya say, Omni?
I, too, used Daylite for years (still do) before using Omnifocus for task/project managemnt. I plan use Daylite's CRM component.

A concept of contacts tied to projects in OF would be great. I'd find great utility in simply letting me attach contacts found in Address Book to my projects. I'd use Address Book to maintain the contacts, though OmniContact would maybe be preferable so I can establish links between the contacts along with their relationships plus roles in the project.

Daylite has done a ton of work to make contact management share across a whole group of people (1-50 they say?). But, OmniContact could be a simple, single-user program much like how OF is a single-user program. Heck, maybe some Exchange Server integration via Snow Leopard would be useful to scale the whole thing (Omnifocus/Omnicontact) up to a multi-user level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhoytphoto View Post
A concept of contacts tied to projects in OF would be great. I'd find great utility in simply letting me attach contacts found in Address Book to my projects.
You can drag and drop Address Book contacts into the Notes field on a project or action now. You get a link that will take you to the Address Book contact page when you click it. Unfortunately, the link only works on the machine where you added it -- even if you are syncing your Address Book with another machine via MobileMe, for example, the links will be different.