The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Changing style attributes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlin View Post
I'm referring to the 2nd panel in the sections list where it says "whole document" and underneath that it says "All level 1 rows, All level 2 rows". By clicking on any level of rows I want it turns those levels gray in the outline view, and I am able to change style attributes to those levels. I'm just curious about what the distinction is between selecting rows that way, or by selecting them by dragging in outline view.

It seems I can change style attributes regardless of the method I select the rows with. But certain functions are not allowed when I select them in the sections list.
That's the style palette which is contains different style groups that can be modified. When you click on "All level 1 rows", you do see the level 1 rows in the outline view get selected, but they're grayed out which means it's not the active selection. What is actually selected is the style group "All level 1 rows" and we also show you in the style view which rows that effects. Making a change to "All level 1 rows" gives you the benefit that any new level 1 row you make will have that style. If you instead selected all the level 1 rows directly and made the change, it would not effect new level 1 rows you add. HOWEVER, I have no doubt you have Format -> Automatic Level Styles on which actually makes the end result of both described methods the same. So, to summarize, selecting "All level 1 rows" in the style palette selects a style group and not the rows themselves.