The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keep action from appearing until Start Date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a Perspective in which I group by Context, Sort by Due Date, Status Filter is Available, and Flag Filter is Flagged.

Most of my actions don't have Start Dates. But every once in a while I have something that I'd like to have show up on this list after a certain date, so I want to create a flagged item that doesn't appear on this list until its Start Date. How do I do that? (Again, most items don't have start dates, so I don't want to filter for that, as many items would then not show up.)

FYI, my current workaround is to create a "Later" project where I temporarily stow things until I find them in my weekly review and see that it's time to have them appear on the big list. Surely there's a better way ...

I don't know why your current perspective is not working for what you want to do-start date in the future, tasks flagged, these tasks should appear in the perspective when the start date arrives. One thing to check would be to ensure that the tasks are not otherwise blocked by an action in a sequential project, the project has a start date even further in the future, etc.

Well, now it's working. And since I don't think I'm doing it any differently, I credit your long-distance mind-control. Thanks.