The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Only Searching Project Titles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I run into situations where I am attempting to find a project quickly. I want to be able to search only project titles for keywords and not all the subtasks under the project.

I run into problems when the keyword is repeated in every task name, which I need to have in my current system because otherwise I don't know what project the task is associated with.

Long story short... the ability to search only project names in order for me to find a project quickly.

Thank you.

We're planning to let you quickly focus on a project by name using the same completion technique we use when assign a project to a task in the inbox, as Ethan showed in his video.

And hopefully you won't need to repeat the project's keywords in every task since you'll generally see the project along with the task anywhere it appears. (When we build a task summary for iCal, for example, we plan to include the project name along with the task name.)