The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEED assign to multiple Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
There is too much dogma around contexts.

What if I sit on my computer every day and all my projects can be done online? Is there just one context? All resources are physically available for all projects at all times.

I need some way to decide what to do next other than struggling with the due dates structure.
That all your projects can be done at one computer online doesn't mean you have only one context. That is a rather narrow view of "contexts" that has come up many times on this and other forums.

There's no reason a context couldn't be any of

* email
* web
* Basecamp
* Research
* Yahoo
* Google Docs Spreadsheet
etc.

The point of contexts is to have the specific tools or or environment needed to complete the job. Sometimes you have to spend some time thinking through what those contexts are, and not just settle for "online".

Is that really all you need? If you weren't at your regular machine, and you didn't have a web browser, could you still do the task? What if the website you needed wasn't accessible, could you still do the task?

Note, of course, this has nothing to do with multiple contexts or due dates or any of that confusion.

It just means you need to think about how you work, what you need to get things done, and create the contexts which are unique to you.