The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

attached file on omnifocus mac does not show up on iPad/iphone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a word file I want to view on the go, I tried attach file on my mac but it does not show up on iPad/iphone. I also tried holding down the option key but the file does not get attached to the note.

any help would be appreciated

If you mail the file to yourself, are you able to view the attachment on your iPad/iPhone in the Mail app? If not, OmniFocus won't be able to display it, either.

Having established that iOS can display the file, the next thing to check would be that you've successfully embedded the file in your database. On the Mac, use the Window->Attachment List command to bring up a window showing all of the attachments embedded in your database. If it isn't there, it won't be synced to any other client.

If you can read the file in iOS, and you've successfully embedded it in your database, the next thing to check is that you've completed a sync on both the Mac (to put the embedded file in the sync repository) and then on the iOS device (to retrieve it from the sync repository). An easy way to make sure that all the necessary syncing has happened is to put a marker action in your Inbox on the Mac, then sync everything. When the marker action shows up in your Inbox on the iOS device, you know that all transactions prior to adding that marker action have also been synced.

I am able to view on my ipad mail app - check
window--> attached list - not there

so I am not embedded the file properly even though in my note (omnifocus for mac)

neither of these 2 methods are obviously "embedding" the file properly - I have tried holding the option key and that does not work and I have tried using edit/attach file and that doesn't work

Is the file too big? in this particular case its 31KB
any other suggestions?

Do Edit->Attach File... then be sure to check the radio button that embeds the file, as the default is to link. File size shouldn't be an issue here — I just attached and synced a 750 KB screenshot over to my iPod touch as a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Do Edit->Attach File... then be sure to check the radio button that embeds the file, as the default is to link. File size shouldn't be an issue here — I just attached and synced a 750 KB screenshot over to my iPod touch as a test.
Tx all good now !