The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script: FoldingText to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The complexpoint.macmate.me site is Rob's replacement for his old MobileMe site, and he is diligent about keeping the site up to date, in my experience.

Yes, as whpalmer4 explains, that is my site, and there are no later versions (by my hand) of those TaskPaper scripts.

As I have personally moved on to FoldingText, I can't really justify doing any more work to the TaskPaper code myself, but I have now put copies of the old scripts on GitHub whence others would be welcome to fork and develop them further.

I do, however, strongly recommend FoldingText, which has a much richer scripting interface (now available in the AppStore version as well as in the DEV versions) and generally has much more power and potential than TaskPaper did. I think it will develop into a platform for quite a rich ecosystem of add-ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
I do, however, strongly recommend FoldingText, which has a much richer scripting interface (now available in the AppStore version as well as in the DEV versions) and generally has much more power and potential than TaskPaper did. I think it will develop into a platform for quite a rich ecosystem of add-ons.
Rob,
Since I am editing on an android system I do not care what I use since I can not use Folding Text since there are no versions for Android. I use a plain editor and just work with the data.

The difference that I noticed when exporting things was that the previous script had dates, and that was missing from the export for Folding Text.

What I am trying to do is adjust the system to using an Android phone, I do not want to PRINT the data and mark up PDF's to enter it back I want it to be a bit more fluid.

Now if I can edit the data on Android and bring it in to Folding Text to convert to OmniFocus I will be willing to give it a try. It would be a pain to use another program though to just convert the data.

I will also look at the Github and examine the scripts in detail, while I am no where close to you... I might be able to make sense of them and see if I can extend / maintain them.

BTW: In case I have not said it before, thank you very much for creating this.

Hi Rob,
thanks for the scriptfirst of all1
but...
it says "DEPRECATED get nodes as records path DEPRECATED selected nodes path"

?

TIA

amelchi

The API of the MAS version of FoldingText has now caught up with the Dev version.

Ver 018 of this script (in a Github repository) will automatically use the newer API, as long as you are running FT 1.1+

thanks!,

but now
error "Non posso trasformare \"1.2\" nel tipo number." number -1700 from "1.2" to number

I cannot transform \"1.2\" in type number...
relate to the FT version number, I am using 1.2 dev

thanks

I think is a system language problem: Italian, French and other Latin languages deal with decimal by comma, not by dot...
Could you please send me a little FT text sample that fits...

Last edited by amelchi; 2012-12-25 at 11:20 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelchi View Post
"Non posso trasformare \"1.2\" nel tipo number." number -1700 from "1.2" to number
FT's version number string is "1.2" and Applescript is playing the innocent and claiming that it can only recognise "1,2" while its international settings are Italian :-)

Fair enough - a good Xmas puzzle ...

Perhaps we can gently explain to the Applescript interpreter that the "." is an exotic Anglo-Saxon translation of the second character in a decimal representation of Pi ?

Could you replace the IsDev() function with the code below and test it for me ?
If it works I'll put it into version 19, though I suppose that the numbers of those using FoldingText 1.0 are probably small now :-)

Have a good holiday !

Rob

Code:
on IsDev()
	set strLocalSeparator to (text 2 of (pi as string))

tell application "FoldingText"
		set strVersion to version
		set {dlm, my text item delimiters} to {my text item delimiters, "."}
		set lstParts to text items of strVersion
		set my text item delimiters to strLocalSeparator -- local number separator
		set strVersion to lstParts as string
		set my text item delimiters to dlm

return (strVersion as number) > 1
	end tell
end IsDev

Thanks,
now it works perfectly with different languages
flawlessly with OO,
but
when it comes to OF it says
"{"Subtree of 'todo three'", {{{|id|:"6", tagNames:{"done"}, textIndex:69, childIndex:3, tags:{done:""}, parentID:"1", lineIndex:5, type:"unordered", level:1, |text|:"todo three", |line|:" - todo three @done", previousSiblingID:"4"}, {}, false}}} non corrisponde ai parametri {strRootText, lstTree, blnSkipDone} per Export2OF."

Have a nice Xmas time and many thanks for your job, Rob!

amelchi

Thanks for catching that.

Could I ask you to test the version here ?

ok for OO
almost same as before for OF,
"Risultato:
error "{project id \"kZEpkel-Chd\" of document id \"juZgQoU9dg2\" of application \"OmniFocus\", {{{|id|:\"3\", tagNames:{}, textIndex:22, childIndex:0, tags:{}, parentID:\"1\", lineIndex:1, type:\"unordered\", level:0, |text|:\"todo one\", nextSiblingID:\"4\", |line|:\"- todo one\"}, {}, false}, {{|id|:\"4\", tagNames:{}, textIndex:33, childIndex:1, tags:{}, parentID:\"1\", lineIndex:2, type:\"unordered\", level:0, lastChildID:\"5\", |text|:\"todo two\", nextSiblingID:\"6\", firstChildID:\"5\", |line|:\"- todo two\", previousSiblingID:\"3\"}, {{{textIndex:44, parentID:\"4\", |id|:\"5\", lineIndex:3, level:1, childIndex:0, |text|:\"Mix in notes as you see fit.\", type:\"body\", tagNames:{}, tags:{}, |line|:\" Mix in notes as you see fit.\"}, {}, false}}, false}}} non corrisponde ai parametri {oParent, lstTree, blnSkipDone} per PlaceInOF." number -1721 partial result «handler PlaceInOF» from {«class FCpr» id "kZEpkel-Chd" of document id "juZgQoU9dg2", {{{|id|:"3", tagNames:{}, textIndex:22, childIndex:0, tags:{}, parentID:"1", lineIndex:1, type:"unordered", level:0, |text|:"todo one", nextSiblingID:"4", |line|:"- todo one"}, {}, false}, {{|id|:"4", tagNames:{}, textIndex:33, childIndex:1, tags:{}, parentID:"1", lineIndex:2, type:"unordered", level:0, lastChildID:"5", |text|:"todo two", nextSiblingID:"6", firstChildID:"5", |line|:"- todo two", previousSiblingID:"3"}, {{{textIndex:44, parentID:"4", |id|:"5", lineIndex:3, level:1, childIndex:0, |text|:"Mix in notes as you see fit.", type:"body", tagNames:{}, tags:{}, |line|:" Mix in notes as you see fit."}, {}, false}}, false}}}

actually it creates an empty item in OF...