The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPhone sync via an Installer app? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I thoroughly enjoy the Installer on my jailbroken iPhone. Obviously there's a way to write great-looking, intuitive apps for ToDos on it, as ToDoList2 from a Swiss guy, also in the Installer, demonstrates.

Obviously Omni has legal reasons not to write for the Installer directly, but perhaps a way can be found to enable third parties to do it?

E.g., Omni publishes APIs for OmniFocus which are suitable for an Installer app, and third parties go write them. This can lead to iteration over those OF APIs.

Even with Apple's SDK, things can't get that much different -- the Installer apps already look terrific. In fact, it won't hurt to have two versions of the iPhone side of OF.

Omni?

I can't see any legal reasons not to write it...but I can certainly see logistical reasons not to.

We're maybe a week from an SDK from apple...why write something that may violate the SDK?