The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OW 5.7 latest and CPU usage while viewing heavy loaded flash sites Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm just curious about the normal cpu utilisation of the latest 5.7 sneaky (and all the version before) when opening two heavy loaded flash sites.

I'd like to know if it is normal that my fan on my MacBook C2D need to speed up and need to make annoying noise when I open the following to pages:

- www.adobe.com
- www.terrebleue.be/

You can take also your favorite flash sites. This make no difference. By opening the page cpu utilization is usually by 100% (only OmniWeb process in activity monitor), which causes the fan to speed up.

Cheers.

It is so for me, too. I have sent OG some samples of the OW processes, and they have acknowledged that they know about some of the problems. The latest 5.7 releases are just barely complete enough for me to stay away from Safari+SafariStand.

but, just barely. :)

Just tried the adobe.com home page in the latest versions of OW 5.7, Safari and Firefox 2... they all hit 70-80% on my machine.

I get the same as Forrest, all the browsers hit 70-80 on adobe. That's one demanding Flash movie. I don't think it's fair to blame any browser for that.