The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner file locations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
G'day all,

So where are the templates for OmniOutliner 3 on a Mac...? After a number of years of happily using Omni Products, I've lost track of which folders with templates etc in are needed, and which are legacy.

I have omni folders in /Library/Application Support/Omni Group, in ~/Library/Application Support/Omni Group, ~/Library/Application Support/OmniOutliner 3 and ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group; not to mention the actual application packages. More than one of these folders has a templates folder? More than one has software licences? Are some legacy, are different programs handling this differently?

cheers

Ben

The folder you want to use with the latest version for templates and plug-ins is ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/

OK - are the other's all necessary - can I move the licence files into one or other of the folders - ie ~/Library? - can I delete the Application Support/ OmniOutliner3 directory?

cheers

Ben

License files needs to stay where they are. ~/Library/Application Support/OmniOutliner directories can be removed. Anything in them should have been copied over to the new The Omni Group/OmniOutliner folder. You may want to double check there's nothing in there that didn't get copied.

I am on OSX 10.8.2 and that folder location (~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/) doesn't exist. Where is it located on OSX 10.8.2?

Thanks

What files are you looking for? That folder will only be created if the app has a need to put something in it so my guess would be it just hasn't been created yet for you.

Note also that recent versions of OS X hide the ~/Library folder by default. Should you need to access it, you can do so by holding down the Option key and then choosing "Library" from the Go menu in Finder. (Note that the "Library" option is only visible in that menu while the Option key is being held down.) If you end up frequently needing to access the Library folder, you can drag it into the Finder sidebar. There is also a way to make it visible all the time; I don't recall the details, but a google search should turn it up fairly easily.