The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Help! How do I make OmniGraffle stop loading previous file on open? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
See title. The previous file is enormous and it's taking ages to open and I didn't want it to open in the first place. I've tried opening a different file. I deleted the program and reinstalled. Nothing is working. HELP!

Fire up the Terminal application (found in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder).

If you have OmniGraffle copy and paste this line into the Terminal:
Code:
defaults delete com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle GraffleDocumentsToOpenOnLaunch
If you have OmniGraffle Professional use this line instead:
Code:
defaults delete com.omnigroup.OmniGrafflePro GraffleDocumentsToOpenOnLaunch
Press return and then try launching OmniGraffle again.

Welcome to the forums, RadicalBender!

The setting you're looking for is in the General pane of OmniGraffle's preferences. Hope that helps!

Two sides of the same coin: Brian's suggestion allows you to turn the feature on and off, once you've got the app running and responsive, and mine helps you get to the point where you can use his!

I appreciate the suggestions. That seemed like what I was looking for.

However, it looks like this file has completely wrecked the entire application. It acts like it's loading, but then gives me a permanent beach ball until I finally give up and force quit OmniGraffle.

Is there a way to fully uninstall and wipe clean all traces of the application so that I can reinstall it? I can't think of any other way to try and get the app to load again.