The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cleaning up after 10,000 installs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Will sneaky peak users need to to anything special to clean up installing OmniFocus 5 times a day?

No. Why would we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP View Post
No. Why would we?
I guess that's why I asked the question.....I don't know. When I drag and drop the app to my applications folder - I see a few different things being copied over, not sure where they're going or if they're just package contents that get overwritten every time.

There's basically 4 places OmniFocus puts data:
1) The application itself, usually in your Applications folder (this is really a wrapper with a lot of files in it, that's probably what you're seeing copied over).
2) A preferences file for each user, usually in your Library/Preferences folder.
3) The OmniFocus folder in Library/Application Support contains your actual data, and the web interface if you're running it.
4) There's also a cache of your OmniFocus data to speed some things up, stored in Library/Caches

You're over-writing (1) every time you update, and each of these updates will just re-use (2)-(4) from the previous version.

The only real clutter you're going to build up by installing a new version 5 times a day is the disk images you're downloading. Once you've copied the application to your Applications folder (or wherever you like it to live), you can unmount and delete these.

Thanks very much