The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

downloads by date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When downloading files with Shiira or Safari (with the SafariStand plugin), files are automatically put in folders that are tidied by date. I was wondering if you're planning to add a similar feature in OW as well?

(I couldn't find if this was mentioned/requested earlier)

I would say probably not as it would most likely conflict with the ability to pick the download folder on a domain specific basis. E.g. all images I download from NASA go to a JPEGs folder which is used to rotate my desktop. If this feature was added, then I would lose that specificity (and I would also end up with hundreds of dated folders). One way around it, I suppose, would be to only use dated folders in the default download folder and not in any site-specific ones but that just adds a level of complexity that might not be easy to follow.

Another possibility would be to make the dated folders inside whichever download folder applies and to have whether or not to use dated folders also be a site-preference.

We won't be adding this for 5.5 but it certainly seems like a reasonable feature for a future release.

Thanks! Nice to read it's considered. Thanks for the wonderful browser btw!!

This can be done with folder actions (applescripts) or with a launch services (or cron) task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
I would say probably not as it would most likely conflict with the ability to pick the download folder on a domain specific basis.
Wow, somehow I never noticed I could set different download folders for each site. How long has that been there?

Since 5.0 (earlier if you include the betas and sneaky peeks).