The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to set up tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Very confused newbie trying to set up tasks. I have my view set to Baseline, so why do new tasks come in with time/date stamps in the Actual fields in the Inspector? I'm also trying to schedule certain tasks for certain days, but entering date/time stamps into the Baseline fields in the Task Inspector doesn't seem to work...they keep reverting

Any help with this greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The simplest way to get your baseline set is to set them up as your Actual fields, and then click the "Set Baseline" toolbar button. This takes all the dates from your "Actual" and copies them over to the baseline.

You can also set the baseline fields directly in the inspector, but if you do that, don't click "Set Baseline" or it will overwrite all those baseline dates with the "Actual" dates. (Perhaps that's why they keep reverting for you?)

There's a little more about the project baseline in step 13 of the tutorial in the OmniPlan online help (available from OmniPlan's Help menu).

If you're still confused, feel free to email us directly (omniplan@omnigroup.com)