The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

gmail problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone else having problems with gmail? It loads fine but no links are active. So I selected "underline links." Still not luck. FWIT, contextual menu does not indicate presence of links but "frames."

Thanks.

To use Gmail with all its features, set your site preferences to spoof as either Firefox or Safari. Google recently added full feature support for Safari. To use Google Calendars properly, you need to spoof as IE for Windows. At least, that's what I've discovered so far. Unfortunately, I haven't found one setting that works for both Gmail and Calendars. The site preferences are for google.com so you need one setting for both. I would like it if someone can prove me wrong so I can make both work.

I am using SP 15 and Gmail works fine without spoofing. I don't use Calendars so I can't comment on it.

OK, I tried spoofing as several different browsers but didn't get it to work. Just no I set google.com site preferences to spoof as IE 6.0 and it worked.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by daiyi666@yahoo.com; 2006-06-21 at 08:02 PM..

SP17. 14/07. OmniWeb is being reported as "unsupported" and GMail defaults to crappy HTML mode. Spoofing (i.e. as Safari) works and brings back the full DHTML goodness. Is it just me?

SP17 - There is a regression spoofing as Safari. The items on the left side of the screen (inbox, spam, labels) don't do anything when clicked. WebKit doesn't seem to have this problem.