The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

change effort w/o changing duration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a task that will last 7 business days, but only require a total of 10 hours of "effort" (billable hours). For whatever reason, I can't seem to change the duration without changing the effort. My situation is I have assigned people to the task (and with each person, they have their own hourly rate). Because of my dilemma, this tasks is coming out to be $10,000, where it should only cost $5,300.

I have the same question. How can I spread a task over several days and take only a few hours of each of the days assigned?

In the task assignment inspector, change the assigned percentage for the resource. For example, to have the resource work 2 hrs per 8 hour work day, set it to 25%.