The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

graffle -> latex; psfrag issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm trying to use the psfrag option in latex to alter some graffle .eps files.

I need to typeset some fairly complex equations and add these to a flow chart, and these are best handled via psfrag (please don't tell me to go off and use latexit...) for various reasons.

psfragging Inkscape .eps works fine, but not those from graffle. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

How do you generate the EPS? If "printing to EPS" doesn't work perhaps you can use Ghostscript to convert the printed or exported PDF to EPS.

I'm using export as -> eps. Going pdf to eps causes all kinds of extra trouble. No solution, unfortunately.

Well, perhaps re-encoding the EPS via Ghostscript helps. eps2eps or ps2ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by magir
Well, perhaps re-encoding the EPS via Ghostscript helps. eps2eps or ps2ps
spinning beachball of death, complete system freeze, etc. Nope, no good. Next idea?

did anyone have any joy with this? Im having the same problem. If you look at any of the example eps files that psfrag seems to work with, any text in the images is actally present in the eps code. With the eps files generated by omnigraffle, there is no text present. The way that omnigraffle encodes eps is the root of the problem