The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

unlinking effort & duration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
on of the new features mentioned in the sticky note is "unlinking effort and duration". I had already a look at the tutorial, the forum and of course I tried to find the feature some were in the user interface.. but i didn't found anything.

can somebody please tell me how I can do this.

just to make one point clear, i don't mean the keep duration/effort fix when assigning a resource.

let me make an example: I have to hire a consultant, that will take some hours work... doing some calls, have some interviews, negotiate the contract, etc. altogether that will take 10 hours effort. nevertheless it will takes 3 weeks even if I would have nothing else to do.

thx and best regards

Last edited by thormar; 2011-07-24 at 04:08 AM..

I just found this discussion: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ffort+duration

so, the outcome of this discussion and some testing was: as soon as you had assigned the task to resource you can fix duration and effort. So as a workaround I will now create a default resource and assign all tasks to this resource to fix then duration and effort.

better then nothing, but I would much easier (at least for me and my way of working) if this would be possible directly.

maybe I missed the right way to handle this... any other suggestions?

best regards

thorsten

no suggestions?

We browse the forums as much as we're able on top of our other duties, but we can't guarantee that every thread will be read by someone on a particular team. If you email the support ninjas, though, you're going to get a response from someone knowledgeable about the product in question...