The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About multi devices syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I own a small web company and my team and I are in need of a good way to sync weekly tasks to all our computers/devices.
Our company is pretty Mac-oriented and we all own either a Mac, an iPhone or an iPad (or all of them!).

The thing is, we setup weekly team meetings and we always conclude our work sessions with a todo list. For now, it's mainly written in a text document and sent by email afterwards (that part is actually quite often delayed).

What we'd like to be able to do is the following:

- Having someone writting down tasks during the meeting
- Tasks would be spread around the few Macs/iPhones/iPads right after the meeting
- Anybody could modify a task during the week and changes would be spread around again
- We obviously all have our personal tasks on each of our OmniFocus and we do not want them to be erased nor synced over to other colleagues

I've been lurking the web for a while now and couldn't find anything interesting. I was wondering if OmniFocus could help us.
I hope I clearly described our situation and needs.

Sincerely,
Olivier

Welcome to the forums, Olivier!

There's some information that may be of help to you in this thread - the short version is that current versions of OmniFocus aren't really designed for this kind of workflow. It's possible to get this working after a fashion, but there are some fairly significant drawbacks. (This is something we're thinking about for future versions, though.)

It suddenly occurred to me that the Applying OmniFocus forum might be a better place for that thread to live than the OmniFocus for Mac forum. I'll move it over here...

Thank you very much for your reply. I did not really found what I was looking for in the thread your referred me to. However, I had already heard about Spootnik and found a (costly) solution there. Here it is for the benefit of other forums visitors:

In order to meet my needs (listed above):
  • I need create a Basecamp account (free) and to add my colleagues to it.
  • Then, we must each have a Spootnik account (12$/month each) and link our OmniFocus with it.
  • Finally, we must each link our Spootnik account to the Basecamp project.

We tested it and it worked.
If anybody finds a better way to do it, please share!