The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
OmniWeb crashes after every updates ... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are you sure OnyX cleared the OmniWeb caches? As far as I recall, it only does the system and Safari ones. Check that the OmniWeb ones have been cleared in the Finder.

Other things to check - do you have any Contextual Menu Items installed in your user account Library?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Are you sure OnyX cleared the OmniWeb caches? As far as I recall, it only does the system and Safari ones. Check that the OmniWeb ones have been cleared in the Finder.

Other things to check - do you have any Contextual Menu Items installed in your user account Library?
Well I have manually removed the cashed, logged out/in and no changes.
 
When you say you've deleted the preferences file, do you mean the com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist from ~/Library/Preferences and that is it, or have you also tried deleting the various History.XXXXX files from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
When you say you've deleted the preferences file, do you mean the com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist from ~/Library/Preferences and that is it, or have you also tried deleting the various History.XXXXX files from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder?
It worked for a time, then i leaved, when i relaunched it started again to crash, so i repeat to erase everything, but nothing to do still crashing. So back 5.5.1
 
OW has been crashing on me a lot lately. I've sent in, literally, like 20 reports in the past week or so.
 
If you'd like some help figuring out what's going with these crashes, we'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

If you wouldn't mind selecting from the OmniWeb menu: Help > Send Feedback, and refreshing our memory as to what's going on, I think we can sort this out. :)

The reason I ask for you to contact us this way is because we may need to collect a couple files.

Thanks!

Michaela
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasko
OW has been crashing on me a lot lately. I've sent in, literally, like 20 reports in the past week or so.
I'm not an expert in any way, but reading all these posts on these forums and on the Nisus forum, about people who are having continual crashes with software which has been completely stable for me for long, long periods, has made me think about it. The problem has more been with NWE, which when I have had one crash, although the system apparently continues to run fine as do all other apps, NWE has then had a tendency to be unstable and crash again ... until I reboot my computer.
So I've been wondering: are those who suffer from repeated crashing the people who leave their computers running 24/7 for long, long periods, only restarting when some system upgrade requires it? When an app crashes, does it leave behind somewhere in the system bits of code that aren't deleted when the crash happens and these continue to affect the stability of that app, but that shutting down and restarting removes any of those bits of code from the disk in the usual shut down clean-up procedure?
I have used a laptop for the last 5 years or so, it goes with me most places, and I shut it down when I move, rather than just putting it to sleep; and apps which crash on others have been notably stable for me ... it has made me wonder.
Mark
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese
I'm not an expert in any way, but reading all these posts on these forums and on the Nisus forum, about people who are having continual crashes with software which has been completely stable for me for long, long periods, has made me think about it. The problem has more been with NWE, which when I have had one crash, although the system apparently continues to run fine as do all other apps, NWE has then had a tendency to be unstable and crash again ... until I reboot my computer.
So I've been wondering: are those who suffer from repeated crashing the people who leave their computers running 24/7 for long, long periods, only restarting when some system upgrade requires it? When an app crashes, does it leave behind somewhere in the system bits of code that aren't deleted when the crash happens and these continue to affect the stability of that app, but that shutting down and restarting removes any of those bits of code from the disk in the usual shut down clean-up procedure?
I have used a laptop for the last 5 years or so, it goes with me most places, and I shut it down when I move, rather than just putting it to sleep; and apps which crash on others have been notably stable for me ... it has made me wonder.
Mark
But it is not the problem, if you read well again the thread, the problems only happens when you update from 5.5.2 to 5.5.4. I have no problem with 5.5.1, it almost never crashes for me. And I can restard or shutdown 5 times in a day, it will not change anything. It crashes on my MacBook Pro, even when it was all brand new OmniWeb updates crashed. At work, my iMac is shutdown everyday before I leave, and so I have activated the cleaning tasks to operate on lunch time, but OmniWeb updates crash too on this computer. Even on my iMac G5 it happens ...
So I think, since the 5.5.2 update there is something new inside the code that makes it crashing sometimes.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-rick
But it is not the problem, if you read well again the thread, the problems only happens when you update from 5.5.2 to 5.5.4. I have no problem with 5.5.1, it almost never crashes for me. And I can restard or shutdown 5 times in a day, it will not change anything. It crashes on my MacBook Pro, even when it was all brand new OmniWeb updates crashed. At work, my iMac is shutdown everyday before I leave, and so I have activated the cleaning tasks to operate on lunch time, but OmniWeb updates crash too on this computer. Even on my iMac G5 it happens ...
So I think, since the 5.5.2 update there is something new inside the code that makes it crashing sometimes.
Well, it was just a guess ... I find it very odd ... I had a crash with 5.5.3 on the 9th January due to typing in the address bar while a page was loading, which I seem to remember reading was a known problem ... my previous crash was on September 9th last year 5.5.1 for the same or very similar reason, and then with one of the betas of 5.5 on 27th July which crashed regularly when the internet connection dropped.
I used to find that apps which updated through Sparkle (e.g. Adium and Tables) would crash immediately after an update if I didn't shut them down again myself and then re-open them, but even that hasn't happened for a month or so.
Sorry my idea didn't help.
Mark
 
I made another try with 5.5.3.
I was looking a vidéo on Apple. Then CrashCatcher launched up for nothing since Omniweb didn't crashed, the video was still playing in back ground with no problem !!! I have been able to watch the full video before clicking Quit in CrashCatcher !!

I think CrashCatcher always start for nothing most of the time ! And there is no way to disable it ...
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OmniWeb crashes on same web site gvp1 OmniWeb Bug Reports 1 2012-12-11 02:21 AM
io9.com crashes OmniWeb hhm OmniWeb Bug Reports 4 2011-03-08 11:17 AM
WMV playback crashes OmniWeb vocaro OmniWeb Bug Reports 1 2007-08-29 08:24 PM
Omniweb Crashes kadams9181 OmniWeb Bug Reports 0 2007-06-25 01:36 PM
OmniWeb security updates? TheFGroup OmniWeb General 0 2006-05-01 04:54 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.