The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jott or Email to Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Let me apologize in advance if this is addressed elsewhere.

How can I set up Jott / Mail / Omnifocus so that I can either use Jott from my iPhone or email to send tasks to Omnifocus?

I have set up a unique Gmail box for Omnifocus, and have that as an account on my Mail. That works well in meetings etc., as I can just email tasks to myself at my "Omnifocus" Gmail account, and they go right to OF.

I also use Jott, and tried to set up Jott to send email to my Omnifocus account by cutting and pasting the 'Curt Clifton' script in the following post.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7651

Now nothing works. Any help would be appreciated

To be clear, that script isn't mine. It's derived from one of mine, as the post in question clearly indicates. I'd prefer not to have my name so strongly associated with something that I didn't write.

Curt

I am using a modified version of this guy's AppleScript...

http://www.leancrew.com/all-this/200...and-omnifocus/

His script is a modification of the OmniFocus built-in "Send to OmniFocus" mail action. However, it doesn't work as posted, because the format of the Jott email has changed since the article was written.

Nevertheless, I followed his set up... I created "Focus" as a Jott contact, and then modified his AppleScript to extract the Action from the first line of the Jott email.