The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bay Area OmniFocus Gathering, 2009 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry to hear that, Horst. We'll fill you in when you get back. :-)

-Dennis

Thank you to everyone who showed up at the OmniFocus gathering tonight in Los Gatos, CA! We had a solid turn out of about seven people and I think everyone had a good time. Conversation was stimulating with lots of questions and even more answers. Experience ranged from absolute beginners to seasoned OF pros. It was really a lot of fun.

In fact, we've decided to make this a regular occurrence: the Bay Area OmniFocus Users Group (BAOFUG?). We plan to meet every 2-3 months to discuss OmniFocus and other Mac/GTD related stuff. There was even some talk of going on a cruise (just kidding...I think ;-).

In the coming weeks, I'll start planning our next meeting for October-ish and post here when some ideas start coming together. If anyone else is interested in joining us (in person or via iChat/Skype), please let me know.

Thanks again and nice to finally meet all of you in person!

-Dennis

PS - I think we have some pictures from tonight's meeting to post as well.

Yes, i had a great time. It's amazing how endless the topics are under GTD + OF. It was very informative to be able to hear and pick all of your brains about how you handle the subtle nuances of your system

Looking forward to the next one! thanks for helping organize this Dennis

-Bill

Thanks, BAOFUG. I'm always amazed at the various ways to set-up and implement Omnifocus. It is such a flexible program. I look forward to our next meeting.

Hi! I'm Chris. I was sitting at the end of the table. It was lovely meeting you all; I learned quite a bit about how everyone uses OmniFocus, and seeing everyone else's documents was instructive.

Anyway, yes, I did take pictures. I'll have them up tomorrow. :)

Its so cool to hear it went well.

When I 1st heard about the meet up, I was coming back from a UC Berkeley visit.

If I can make it to the next one great, but if not i'd be more than down to join in via Skype or w/e.

:]

If you guys run another gathering please let me know. I'd love to virtually join you via Skype et cetera.

Cheers!
Duncan

Photos are here. I can't remember who everyone is, but Toadlet is the one pointing at the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwillmore View Post
I can't remember who everyone is, but Toadlet is the one pointing at the camera.
Thanks, Chris! Actualy, I'm Toadling. My son (see my avatar) is the Toadlet. ;-)

-Dennis

Patrick, Bill [whpalmer4], Steve [steve]; Dennis [toadling], Brad [likethesky]; Dennis, Brad, Bill [bnbarry34] (and yes, he's a different Bill than whpalmer4); then Patrick, Bill, Steve again. (Chris [cwillmore] was taking the photos, so he's not shown.)

Here is the link Chris posted, repeated here.

I only know the five online handles I filled in above (they are in brackets). Let me know if you don't want your name or handle on here and I'll edit it back out! Also, if anyone else wants to add yours you can do it below, or I'll be happy to update the above (I guess that's just Patrick, actually)... just drop me a note.

Cheers,
Brad

Last edited by likethesky; 2009-08-04 at 07:37 AM..