The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sad to Leave OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Be sure to look @2Do if you are using Toodledo. It's quite robust and full featured and syncs with Toodledo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
I don't see why you would not want to use it since it's available everywhere where you have the connection.
2 reasons:

Access and Security

90% of the time I have no internet connection at all.

Even if I did have a connection I do not want my Omnifocus data out on some other server I do not control. I am concerned about privacy and security. My whole life is in Omnifocus and I am not willing to trust that level of detailed personal data to some other server.

Nothing is perfect, I try to play it to it's strengths which are a lot, and work around it's flaws.

I think a web-based version of OmniFocus would be very useful. Even a basic one would be good. Personally though I hope Omni don't go further than this and start supporting native apps for Windows / Android / whatever. I can totally understand companies who attempt this ubiquitous coverage but surely there is room for a business model like Omni's that concentrates on a single platform (well, ish, iOS and Mac OS are coming closer together anyway) and creates really great software for that platform rather than spreading themselves thinly over several.

A web option would be nice though :-)

No, a narrow minded vision is not a the proper mindset in today's mixed technological era. People use tools like this in an corporate-enterprise environment. Sorry, but these environments are not Mac friendly, and without a way to get to these things on your desktop (or be able to generate reports from your iPad), people will continue to leave, as I will be doing as well. I know plenty of people whom I work with who have abandoned OmniFocus and are not telling others not to purchase it (I will be requesting a refund as you cant do something like generate a little report of your data!). Its a sad way to go considering how great of an application it is.

A web-based solution would be a decent solution, at least you could go cross platform and charge a few bucks a month or yearly subscription. At least they'd have a steady flow of revenue coming in.