The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus Themes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
Like the look of some of the themes but how do I get back to the default?
From the Help file:

To get to the Style preferences, just choose Preferences from the OmniFocus menu, then click the Style icon. As you adjust the styles, keep in mind that you can always click the Reset button at the bottom of the pane to return to the default settings.

In Omnifocus -> Preferences -> Style there's a Reset button to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
Like the look of some of the themes but how do I get back to the default?
Preferences > Style
Click the Reset button

Thanks guys. I looked there but didn't see it :)

Too much of the Christmas spirit too early.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsunrise View Post
Months ago I started a sinatra app to collect OF themes with comments and screenshots. Never made it public because I didn't finished it but I fixed some errors this morning and it seems to be working:

http://ofthemes.com

If someone wants to add or delete a theme please mail it to me at deadsunrise@deadsunrise.net (the upload function is not working yet)
That's a great site, thanks for putting those up!

Like others who have posted here, I have omnifocus (and omnioutliner!) open on my laptop literally all the time while I'm working on my big screen. It's an awesome arrangement-- but the bright glaring background becomes annoying.

As such, I have been trying to come up with a good "inversed" theme-- light text on a black background-- since I find this much easier to look at. Luckily this is easy to do in XCode and Terminal (see attached screenshots) but is not really possible in omnifocus (or omnioutliner) because the little fold-up triangles and checkboxes don't change colors with the text-- they are always black, no matter what. For my needs, this is really the only thing wrong with these applications.

I filed a feature request for this recently (and one for omnioutliner several years ago!) but apparently it hasn't come up as a high priority yet... Is anyone else here longing for this feature? I noticed on www.ofthemes.com that the first theme "transparent" is sort of inversed, but would clearly benefit if the checkboxes and triangle colors would match the text colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inversed_xcode.png
Views:	1026
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1204   Click image for larger version

Name:	inversed_terminal.png
Views:	855
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1205  

Last edited by Todd412; 2009-12-17 at 11:26 AM..

Hey all,

I was looking for something minimalist but with a little extra *pop* so I threw this together. Feel free to download or modify. Just take the .txt extension off of the theme.

Enjoy!

...... Sorry about the added blur - I thought it may be rude of me to have information on clients' projects up for the world to see.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SmoothAndSleekTheme.jpg
Views:	1734
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1210  
Attached Files
File Type: txt SmoothAndSleek.ofocus-theme.txt (6.6 KB, 671 views)

Last edited by nikkibisel; 2009-12-21 at 11:26 PM..

Lately I was getting tired of the dark look of Transparent so I decided to go in the opposite direction with this theme. It's really clear with lot's of white space and I tried to focus on the typography more than the colors.

A huge screenshot showing context and planning mode: http://ofthemes.com/img/typographic-screenshot.png

I'll probably tweak it a little bit more as I use it. The lastest version will always be at http://ofthemes.com/theme/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsunrise View Post
...I fixed some errors this morning and it seems to be working:

http://ofthemes.com

If someone wants to add or delete a theme please mail it to me at deadsunrise@deadsunrise.net (the upload function is not working yet)
sweet! thanks deadsunrise!

Here is the current theme I am using. League Gothic (free) is the large font, with Calluna (not free) as the body font. Since Calluna is not free I am sure that other Serif fonts, like Georgia would look good as well.

Screenshot

Theme File

Here's my version of a dark theme.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Planning.png
Views:	949
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Context.png
Views:	752
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1299  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dark2.ofocus-theme.zip (1.3 KB, 527 views)