The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I sync across computers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've bought a license and am waiting for release next week. I work on a desktop iMac and a laptop. Will I be able to sync my info in OmniFocus via .Mac?

If not how are people working around this?.. and also I hope there are some plans to enact this - can anyone let me know.
Thanks

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6630
That post has a section called "OmniFocus on multiple computers and with multiple users". Check out the links there.

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-01-08 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: linked post got moved

I store my OF DB on a USB flash drive and move it from one computer to the next. I also back up the file to each machine in case the USB takes a dive.
Seems to work well for me. That's my $0.02

Thanks, I may use the usb solution for now. The link above is missing (I've informed an administrator.) So I don't know what it contained.

Surely though .Mac syncing is on the way for OF at some point???

Quote:
I store my OF DB on a USB flash drive and move it from one computer to the next.
Where is the OF DB stored or do you export it first?

I store mine on my iPod and have backups go to my Amazon S3 account, though I have my doubts the latter is working. I'm increasingly paranoid about forgetting to bring my iPod with me to work and back and anything that could happen to it though.

this link did not work...could you repost with link you meant to link to...i could not find this in a search...thanks