The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

importing data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I supposed it was easy to import a simple to do list in omnifocus (OF)
I am still evaluating the sw but I think that all my items can become new item in the inbox of OF and then I can manage them.
Instead I cannot find a way to import.
can you halp me?
Thanks

What format is your data in now?

If you can copy and paste from the old program, you can paste into OmniFocus. Just be sure to click on the black dot (row handle) at the left end of a row before you paste, or you'll get a row with multiple lines instead of multiple rows.

I was surprised how easy it was to import single columns of data by clicking on the black dot on far left column and pasting. Very easy to do using data that had been exported to excel from astrid (originally in RTM). Took a while to clean up source data but very easy to import.