The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Focus keyboard shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I use the keyboard shortcut for Focus on...

it opens Evernote.

Is there a way to tell it not to do that? Is that an OF issue? An Evernote issue? A SnowLeopard issue?

TIA.

Go to System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, and see if you've got a global shortcut for that combination sending you off to Evernote. If you do, maybe you can override it by setting up an Application shortcut for that key combination going to the desired OmniFocus function when in OmniFocus, and Evernote at other times.

Thanks for pointing me there. It wasn't there, but that did prompt me to look in the preferences of Evernote. That was the keyboard shortcut for "Search in Evernote" which evidently also fires Evernote.

I deleted that and all is well.

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
Thanks for pointing me there. It wasn't there, but that did prompt me to look in the preferences of Evernote. That was the keyboard shortcut for "Search in Evernote" which evidently also fires Evernote.

I deleted that and all is well.

Thanks so much!
You can actually record a new shortcut in Evernote and thus keep one in both applications. I use Cmd+ctrl+E myself if I want to search for items in Evernote and the standard Cmd+ctrl+F to focus in OF. You'll find that under Evernote's preferences as you describe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arild View Post
You can actually record a new shortcut in Evernote and thus keep one in both applications. I use Cmd+ctrl+E myself if I want to search for items in Evernote and the standard Cmd+ctrl+F to focus in OF. You'll find that under Evernote's preferences as you describe.
Thanks. I know when I tried to record one for OF once upon a time I was so frustrated trying to find something not in use I gave up. I'll try your suggestion, as I did just leave it blank. Thanks again.