The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to turn off auto sync on the Mac? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Lately, since I use an iPad, iPhone and the Mac client, I'm getting MobileMe sync errors ('both files synced at the same time, choose one' error message).

Is there anyway to turn off AUTO sync, not syncing, on the Mac? I know how to on the iPad/iPhone, but not on the Mac. I think my errors occur mainly when I'm using OmniFocus at work (iPad/iPhone), so I don't really need the Mac client to sync during the workdays. (I can always remote in if I need to sync it, or sync it when I get home)

So, have I totally confused everyone? :)

Thanks in advance,
Marc

What is emitting these error messages, OmniFocus, or the Mac? It sounds to me like your database is getting synced by MobileMe's iDisk sync as well as by OmniFocus. Running the three OmniFocus apps together should not cause any trouble like this — I do it all the time, dozens of syncs a day, often making changes on all of the devices between syncs.

If you aren't using the Mail->OmniFocus processing, why not just quit the Mac app, if you think that is the source of the trouble?

I agree with Bill; this sounds an awful lot like the error dialog MobileMe pops up when it thinks there's a conflict with its iDisk Sync. Note that OmniFocus does not use MobileMe's iDisk Sync. OmniFocus uses its own syncing engine and just uses your iDisk as remote storage.

Could you maybe post a screenshot of the dialog, Lightstorm?

Here's a bit of background on the problem with MobileMe's iDisk Sync getting confused about the OmniFocus database.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...4652#post44652

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

whp,
You were absolutely right; it was iDisk Sync. Can't see why I didn't catch that before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What is emitting these error messages, OmniFocus, or the Mac? It sounds to me like your database is getting synced by MobileMe's iDisk sync as well as by OmniFocus. Running the three OmniFocus apps together should not cause any trouble like this — I do it all the time, dozens of syncs a day, often making changes on all of the devices between syncs.

If you aren't using the Mail->OmniFocus processing, why not just quit the Mac app, if you think that is the source of the trouble?