The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus for iPad is fantastic! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OmniFocus for iPad for a few days and the overall comment I have so far is WOW.

Thank you guys a lot for this piece of software - I did not suspect it to be that good before I tried it!

There are features I miss on Mac already:
- Forecast (very much appreciated feature perfectly suit for my workflow)
- Quick Entry window is even better than the Mac version (+1d, +1w, +1m options are extremely handy)

A a couple wishes for iPad version:
- Focus to function similarly to Mac version
- Collaps/extend all in Projects

A few observations of iPad version:
- How people use Maps feature in their workflow? Is it really useful or mainly marketing?
- When I substitute local database file with the one from iDisk during initial sync OmniFocus exits via crash - should be a more elegant solution.

I will be more specific later - too emotional still.

Overall fantastic job creating a suitable interface for a handheld computer.

FANTASTIC!

I think some of the things you asked for can already be done.

To focus on a project or context, simply click and hold on the project name (in the right hand pane) and "focus" will be one of the options.

Also you can expand/collapse all by clicking and holding the arrow on the right of an entry (aslo in the right hand pane).

Hope that helps.

--Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarelick View Post
I think some of the things you asked for can already be done.

To focus on a project or context, simply click and hold on the project name (in the right hand pane) and "focus" will be one of the options.

Also you can expand/collapse all by clicking and holding the arrow on the right of an entry (aslo in the right hand pane).

Hope that helps.

--Steve
Steve,

If i focus on a project and go to contexts that focus is no longer active - I see all the actions for all the projects. But similarly to Mac version I expect to see actions grouped by contexts for the focused project only. That is exactly what I'm asking for. Currently it reminds me "select" but not "focus" behavior.

Collapse/expand all - found it. Thanks!

Last edited by makesense; 2011-01-06 at 09:48 PM..