The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Import via CSV (File Format) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm a newbie using OmniFocus on my Mac and can't find any information relating to what format I need to put data in to import it as a CSV file.

I've done an export to try to give me a clue to the format and looking at that the exported fields are:
  • Task ID
  • Type
  • Task
  • Project
  • Context
  • Start Date
  • Due Date
  • Completion Date
  • Duration
  • Flagged
  • Notes

Is the same format used for import? If so what's the Task ID (or is this only for export)?

Any help appreciated.

Why don't you tell us what you are trying to do — CSV import may not be the best approach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Why don't you tell us what you are trying to do — CSV import may not be the best approach...
Simply import about 150 tasks into OmniFocus from Toodledo...

OmniOutliner can import CSV and OmniFocus can import OmniOutliner. You can download a 2 week trial of OmniOutliner from our website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
OmniOutliner can import CSV and OmniFocus can import OmniOutliner. You can download a 2 week trial of OmniOutliner from our website.
Oh?
Looks like OO Pro 3.10.4 can’t open CSV:

«*toodledo_notebook-1.csv*» n’a pas pu être géré car OmniOutliner Pro ne peut pas ouvrir les fichiers au format «*Document CSV*».

[redfaced]
Oops, you're right. OmniOutliner can export, but not import CSV.
Sorry about that.