The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can anyone help to automate Delegation (OF & Mc Mail) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am looking for help with applescripts that would enable me to automate my workflow.

I have found some great scripts on the Internet (some done by the fantastic people from here) but none of those scripts does exactly what I want them to do or only do a partial work. I can't write apple scripts myself and would be happy to pay somebody to help me achieve what I want

Basically my process at the moment is as follows: (work with OF as task manager and Mac Mail on Lion as Mail Client)
1. When an email comes in which needs to be delegated, I will create an Omnifocus Task, using Clip-o-Tron to say that I need to delegate the task (sometimes, I need to do something before I can delegate the task therefore will create a task in OF if I don't need to do anything, I will immediately forward that email to the person I'm delegating it to)
2. When I am ready to delegate the task from within OF, I will send an email it to the person who needs to do it marking the subject line with DELEGATED TASK: xyz. - I use an applescript that automatically allows me to send the email from OmniFocus and mark the subject line with Delegated Task. I have found it online updated by David Messent (apparently can only post urls here if I have at least 3 posts, but it is my first, so I can't :-(

3. I check the Omnifocus Task as done. (I have a script developed by the fantastic Curt Clift (again can't post the url), which can check the task as completed and create another task out of it Waiting on: XYZ ( It is a good script, but the problem is that it does not give me a link to the email I sent,which would make more sense. It would be amazing it that somehow linked to the new sent email, so I can see that message in the notes.

4. For every email that contains Delegated Task: in the subject lines, I have a rule in my Mac Mail that marks all emails with subject Delegated Task with a green flag and MailTag Keywords @Waiting. - I then go to that email that has been sent and create an OmniFocus Task with an apple script developed by Court Clifton - Add to OF without QE . The script works beautifully run straight form script or added to a Act-on rule, when a message is selected and sends the action to OmniFocus with a context Waiting For, but what I need is to add it to the Mail Rule that marks the Delegted Tasks with a green flag to automatically send it to omnifocus. this is not possible with the current script as it requires for a message to be selected and it needs to be for all messages that are classified by that rule.

I hope that this makes sense, but if not, please feel free to contact me. I'm happy to reward the effort with money or whatever is preferred

Can anyone help? Would be much appreciated.

Curt Clifton: URL="http://www.curtclifton.net/projects/"

Complete and await reply - URL="http://www.curtclifton.net/storage/software/Complete%20and%20Await%20Reply-0.1.zip"

I am interested in these things too.

Yes. I know this is one of the scripts that I have used, however, it only marks a task as completed and create a news task FROM the previous task and I need to have a task automatically created from the NEW email that I send rather than from the previous task in OmniFocus.

Curt's scripts are amazing and I use them for separate steps, but I need one script to automate the workflow to one step.

I hope that makes sense?

https://gist.github.com/828803

Mashed together something similar to what you are asking about.

Thanks, but can you explain how to run it? From mail or OmniFocus? I'm pretty hopeless without instructions as don't understand AppleScript

Copy the code, paste it into AppleScript Editor, then save it in ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus/

From there it can be added as a toolbar button, or from the Applescript menu.