The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Big Current Task Window Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Been using the software for several months for my personal tasks - I maintain a strict "separation of church and state" between my personal life and the things my employer wants me to do - and feel like it's helping me get stuff done quite a bit.

One thing that I'd really like is a way to designate a task as the "current" task, i.e. the one I'm working on right now, and make it really big. Like bring it up in a separate window from the OF window, etc. I live a relatively interrupt-driven life - being able to quickly figure out what I was working on and get back to it is a big help. The "Focus" button helps quite a bit, and I know I could just flag the current task and have a perspective that just shows flagged items.

But what I really want is a big, prominent, hard-to-miss window that says "HEY, YOU'RE WORKING ON BALANCING YOUR CHECKBOOK RIGHT NOW!!!"

I'm sure that other users will probably have other suggests, but have you looked at some of the dashboard widgets such as Krank or OmniFidget? They display just one task at a time. Krank will actually interrupt your "computer" workflow to make sure you are on task every so often.

I was going to say, "well, just applescript the selected row into a yellow stickie, with a link back to the original row."

But I know that's kind of annoying.

It makes me think that it would be useful for OF to have some Automator actions.

ps. flophouse.com is an awesome website.

There's also Curt's script posted in this thread.