The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using iSight/Mic to capture actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I have been using OF on my laptop and iphone for a while now and I really like the ability to add photos and audio to an action with OF for the iPhone. I have placed a feature request with the gang at OMNI to include iSight and audio action inputs as well.

What do people think about this request?

Cez

You won't catch me casting aspersions on anyone else's feature requests, but in general I think that audio/video capture is not going to be a useful method of creating a trusted to-do list.

Here's my experience using audio capture with various mobile devices over the years:

1) Think: "Oooo, that'll be great! I can just record messages to myself quickly and on-the-go, so I can capture my thoughts nearly hands-free!"

2) Enthusiastically capture a few dozen such messages over the course of a week or two.

3) Realize, after syncing to some folder on my Mac, that I now have a stack of short audio clippings that I need to process in order to figure out what I actually captured here. This becomes my least-favorite inbox.

4) Abandon idea until I have a new gizmo, then repeat the process.

Photos work slightly better, in that if I take a camphone pic as a memory jog, I can glance at it and have it remind me of something in an instant, rather than have to listen to a two-minute message to myself. Of course, YMMV.